Wednesday 6 October 2010

Music Video Permission/Reply

Here's a copy of the letter we sent to 'Dance to the radio' , who are the current Record Label and current copyright holders of the song by 'Pigeon Detectives'


''Dear Copyright Holder,

I am an A-Level student and I am writing to you to ask permission to use one track by The Pigeon Detectives called 'I'm a Liar'

With your permission this track would be used in my current A-Level Media coursework project that will involve creating a music video for a popular music track as well as promoting a dvd cover and a web page for the artist.

I look forward to hearing from you

regards

Francesca Batt"



We currently have not heard back from the company and if we do not hear back we will still carry on with the productions of our music video. If they do reply demanding we can not use their song my group will have to rethink of a song and use another one of our choices.

11th October - Reply from record label

Hi Francesca,

Many thanks for your email.
You are more than welcome to use the track ‘I’m a Liar’ by the Pigeon Detectives for your project.
I hope it goes well, we’d be interested to see the finished results.
Kind Regards,
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment