Monday 18 October 2010

BLOG UPDATE - 18TH OCTOBER- Logo Designs Evaluation.

I designed three different logos in which I coulsd use with three different names that my groups production company could use for our logo. My final logo design that I have chosen I believe fits the purpose of the audience as my groups production name is called 'Manic Productions' this name connotes that this genre of music isnt generic, and is unpredictable; also maybe connoting that the possiblities for this genre of music are endless. Choosing from three of the designs I had designed was very easy as one of them stood out from the rest. The idea of using a photo and editing the photo to be made into a cartoon I found very interesting. The cartoon idea of the photo fits well with the Indie genre as many Indies music videos have used cartoon images through some of their music videos. This is mainly shown in the Hoosiers music video. The idea of the person in the photo to wear 'Geeky glasses' associates well with Indie music as alot of Indie band members wear these and it is almost a fashion statement to Indie Music listeners. I have also decided to have the person in the photo screaming as this represents the idea of 'Manic Productions' and in the mouth of the person screaming I will edit in the production companys name. The logo itself will be very different to other logos that I have seen and instead of being a simple image that people could draw it goes against the easy conventions of Indie Music and almost challenges it but still using basic elements of Indie genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment