Wednesday 15 September 2010

Research on Music Videos.

Looking on 'YouTube' at different music videos gave me a good idea how simple some videos can actually be. They seem to be made up of a gig scene where the band is singing which is live footage this I mainly found with 'Indie' Bands. I then noticed that a majority of the music videos followed a story from the beginning to the end. This made the video interesting as this is a element which I like in music videos. Eminem and Rhianna's song 'Love the way you lie' follows a story where they have Megan Fox being a victim of domestic violence. I enjoy videos which have live footage or footage from another camera. I found this in the 'Muse - Hysteria' video. This video looked very simple and followed a story which included digital camera of him recording a girl. The video was shot in a hotel room and involved him smashing up the objects in the room and watching the video from the digital camera in which had been filmed. I enjoyed this video because it had footage which looked good from two different cameras. I decided to look at a video by 'Jason Derulo - What If' I liked this video as the video is not in normal forward motion it is in fact in reverse. It tells the story of what would have happened if the two met and how their life would be. The story is based on the song which can be compared to 'Bruno Mars - Aeroplanes' This song may be called aeroplanes but the video holds no relation in fact to aeroplanes.


No comments:

Post a Comment