Tuesday 9 November 2010

Starting of my Homepage

When I began on working on my Homepage on iWeb on the Mac I came across a few problems. These were that my links to different pages would not work and it was not possible to click on the links to use them as hyperlinks. Even though I had changed the settings for the hyperlinks they did still not work on my first try at a homepage. After this lesson I began to create my new homepage for The Pigeon Detectives, I made a paper draft of how I thought my Homepage should and will look but after playing around on iWeb I decided to change a few things to my design. One on the main changes I decided to do was change my banner. I first wanted to use a moving image banner such as Jamie.T uses on him homepage but after using iWeb I realised that this would not be easy and would actually take a lot of time to do. Another main elemenet that I changed was the drop down music player, even though I would have really liked to use this iWeb does not hold the feature to let me use this. So instead I will have one song playing and just let the audience of the webpage decide if they would like the music to play or not. On iWeb I layed out how I would like the elements of a webpage to be placed on my homepage. This included pictures, hyperlinks, banner, video, audio, font and colour. My banner that I am deciding to use is going to be made on a software called 'Gimp' this allows me to edit images and add effects to it such as fading and even editing colours to make the image look completly different. My webpage is still in process and the banner is still being made to fit the audience of the music genre indie music.

No comments:

Post a Comment